What a Saturday! Can you believe the Committee were all so busy we forgot to take photos…. so if you were not able to join us this Saturday, you have to take our word for it. It was AMAZinG Fun.
Without sounding like a drone, here are the key things you need to know and/or remember:
S – SIGN IN when you arrive, and please use the QR Code. Yes, you have to do it each week for COVID contact tracing.
L – Leave others at home as we cannot have spectators including other registered athletes or siblings. Please speak to Nicole if you have concerns with this.
A – Activate the COVID safe way…mask/social distance/sanitising/stay home if unwell. Please!
C – COME PREPARED TO HELP, all parents you will need to sign up for Duty so as to assist us. https://signup.com/client/invitation2/secure/1835938720122/invitation
You can all support the level of activity at the track and everyone helping makes it more enjoyable experience for all. Also, we need help to make sure kids & parents wash hands, clean equipment, move groups to their next location, etc. If you want to be with your kids on the track… then sign up for duty for that group – OR else you MUST remain on the grass hill. Please note if we don’t have enough parent helpers for each group we will nominate parents in order for us to be able to commence the session.
• If you are a new member or returning member and missed our communications last week…welcome and please have a read of this news bulletin so you can learn of the new COVID safe return to play processes we have had to implement.
• The program for this week is here with session times included. Please remember all sessions have a warm up, then we start the session. In most cases the warm up starts at the athletes first event, so if all the kids are warmed up, we might start the program a little earlier.
• The Season Calendar is here
• Second-hand Uniforms: Don’t forget this new initiative thanks to Sarah….either bring preloved to sell/donate back to the club or come and buy a preloved item. Waffles and Spikes have just landed! Check out the process here:
Questions Frequently Asked:
– do you have sunscreen?….due to the current circumstances, sunscreen is not available for general use. We suggest you apply at home and bring some more in your child’s back pack.
– we loved the colouring in sheet, is there anything for this week? Yes! Please see Scarlett at the Merchandise tent.
– I have noticed a big gap in my child’s skill and some of the others. Kids grow and develop at different times and rates. Some children also pick up new skills quicker than others. Our coaching team supported by parents understand that things are not the same for everyone but try their best to teach individuals and assist in their personal development.
Our website also offers highly recommended coaches who are Committee members and or parents of Sandy little aths kids. They offer a variety of programs specific to the skills set of the athletes and might be just the think you can consider to reduce the gap that you might see. Tash for instance told us that – “she joined her daughter up to Furbs training squad to further compliment what was done on Saturday mornings but also to give her that personalised extra training to develop her skill set. Her daughter has loved it and grows rapidly in confidence with her athletic abilities.”
Opportunities within the Club:
The Committee is now seeking a Treasurer. Our current Treasurer is also our Timing/Results Manager, a very important role for the Club.
Hence, we’ll need to split his two roles apart, so we would be very grateful if someone could please step in and be our Club Treasurer. Ash has set up our processes really well (we use Xero) and will ensure a thorough handover is made and continued communication.
Requirement at the Track on Saturday is not required but feel free to contact Nicole or Mike for more information.
First Aid – we are still in need of a parent who has Level 2 First Aid who can be called upon as required. Ideally this could be someone who has bought their children down for a session and our intention is to get a few people within the same session on a rotation of first aid help. We currently have 1 person to help us for Session 2, but need a few others for the other 2 sessions please. No first aid kit needed, we have one.
RELAYS (wooohoooo!) – this is coming up quick and fast and we are going to start training in a week. Entries are open from 1st December!! Relays is a much-loved team event within the club. It’s great learning, great team building and overall a fulfilling community experience. Training will take place most likely on Wednesdays after school and we strongly suggest you collect the Relay Flyer Information from the Merchandise Tent on Saturday so that you can find out everything you want to know. THINGS HAVE CHANGED especially for the older age groups. Regional Relays take place on 28th Feb, with State Relays taking place over the weekend of 13-14th March. Please grab the Information Flyer on Saturday for more info.
S – sign in using the QR code
L – leave spectators at home
A – activate our covid safe return to play
C – come prepared to help us (please!)
Thanks – and see you on Saturday morning!
The Sandy Little Aths Committee