Thank you to everyone who helped us get last Friday off to a great start! The smiling faces on the kids was so heart-warming.
Whoever organized the brilliant weather, well done…please arrange the same for this Friday as we don’t need Mike adding ‘rain songs’ to the play list!
Welcome new members and returning members. We have had quite a few more join us since our last bulletin last week.
Being the start of the season, we have a fair amount of information to pass on and want you to be fully informed on what is happening.
- Direct emails are sent to members weekly (usually Wednesday). These include the event program and announcements. We also send an email to the second parent contact in the membership database (there is an opt out function if required);
- Facebook is used for important announcements and reminders;
- Our website is used for information relating to the Club and the Wet Weather link;
- Team App has our weekly program on it/newsletter/direct links to the club; and
- WhatsApp is used an age group communication tool.
Contact information for us will always be at the bottom of our emails or you can use the ‘contact us’ page on the website.
Helpers – please don’t skip this section …..we do need help as we are a voluntary run club
- As most of us work, the more people who can chip in a little each week, make it so much easier for us all to achieve the one goal: a fulfilling and fun little aths program for our kids
- We need parents to help each week, these jobs are not arduous and in fact engaging and rewarding. There is something for everyone and it is not every week.
- The duties we need help with are listed via a ‘sign up’ link here: don’t worry if you have never done anything like this before….neither did we, and we will help you every step of the way
- We are still in need of a couple of people to share the role of Age Group Manager – these support the coaches by managing the kids, ensuring they are at the right station, assist the children locating water bottle, jumpers, connecting them with friends etc.
Duty Roster Sign Up Here:
Program of Events
We usually rotate around a 3 program schedule however, as we are working on a single session Friday nights, compared to two sessions on a Saturday, we may need to juggle the rotating program.
- Friday 12th November Event Program is here (note: the focus is on coaching again this week, measuring will occur for U10+ & we welcome approximately 50 trial athletes to this session)
- Start time – warm up begins at 530pm sharp. Trial Athletes – we would like you to arrive at 5pm to ensure you are checked in and know where to go.
- Member Patches – returning and new members who have shown proof of age please collect your patch from your Age Group Manager.
Wet Weather Alert
Friday’s forecast is for rain. Our website has a wet weather link in the top left hand corner which will be updated at 4pm on Friday.
IF it is going to rain, we will still be there (unless thunder, lightning but the wet weather link will tell you). The Program will change to running technique and the BBQ will take place. Rain won’t stop us running.
We understand travelling to Duncan McKinnon on a Friday night is somewhat ‘different’ and we do appreciate the efforts you make to get here. As our trial athletes will be attending for the first time and we will offer the free sausage again to everyone. If anyone can give our Committee a hand to run the BBQ, we would appreciate that.
From next week, the BBQ will still operate so you have something to feed the kids on the way home but we will be charging a small fee to cover costs. Our ‘tap and collect’ payment options will be available to use (no Diners or American express).
Collection of Patches
Returning Members and New Members who have shown proof of age can collect their competition patch from the Age Group Manager. The patch is to be pinned onto the front of your tshirt/singlet so we can clearly see your name and the timing gates can scan your barcode. Many people laminate their patches, so they last the whole season!
New Members and Trial Athletes need to check in with Andrew at the front entrance. He will be to the right after you enter the main gate.
A reminder to check in and be aware of our covid safe plan which is here. Thank you for your assistance with this.
SAVE THE DATE – it’s social time!
Join us to start the season when we members of both SLAC and SAC get together at the Hampton Bowls Club (cnr Earlsfield & Fewster road) on Sunday 12th December. From 3pm – 6.30pm, with a Special Visit from Santa, Free BBQ, Lawn Bowls and so much more.
Our Uniform and Apparel Stand will be open this week and located near the BBQ. Is there anyone able to give Sarah a hand to sell or process orders, particularly at the start of the session?
Do you have some extra time or happy to help us with very important duties at the club? Please read what amazing opportunities we have to offer here.
We look forward to seeing you on Friday!
e: [email protected]
m: 0413 705 357
Proudly Partnered with: