At our recent Committee meeting, we reviewed a lot and planned a lot more! The Little Aths Program is very full and vibrant this part of the Season. We are excited and ready.
Today’s bulletin contains more information than normal (just a heads up)….we want you to have all the details in order for you to plan the next few months. So hint….it is important to read this one!
1. Saturday 23rd January – Little Aths is on but remember we have moved to Moorabbin Athletics Track for the remainder of the season.
Moorabbin Athletics Track Parking – please be aware that Junior Cricket is on at the same time as our activities. The track is right alongside an oval.
2. Set Up This week is Under 7 Boys- can you please be at the Moorabbin Track before 7.30am
3. Pack Up this week is Under 14/15/16 Girls
4. Parent Duty Sign up – YES I SAID PARENT DUTY SIGN UP….why is it still blank? If kids can’t have their race bibs scanned, or jumps measured because no one is helping the Age Group Manager, then it reflects badly on us all – this is not our community spirit of team work and we don’t want the kids to miss out. Committee have reviewed the volunteer spots we need each week to make it easier for you all. Every family needs to do at least 4 duties per season for the normal competition program; DUTY SIGN UP VIA THE LINK BELOW
5. Mid Week Specialist Coaching – starts Wednesday 27th February – see our registration desk on Saturday for what is happening re coaching as well as Team App: 4.15pm-5pm U9-U12’s (1 session), 5-6pm U9+ (2-3 sessions). The focus will be on those skills we see children need more training on as a result of our Saturday morning program and those skills children can’t easily go out and train for themselves.
6. Relays…..well………It’s now time to get serious, join a team and start training. If you have not already let Nicole know you are joining in, please send a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org advising child name and age group. LAVIC have not opened up the official registration portal yet because they are still getting the event signed off under the Public Event framework…but we as a club need to plan – who is running – how many teams – coaches etc.! Once we have the green light from LAVIC we will let you know immediately and you can use the link we provide to officially register & pay to the relay program.
Our last day for SLAC’s relay selection times (i.e. days your child can record a race time) is Saturday 30th for U9-U12’s and Sunday 14th February for U13-U16’s athletes.
We have now updated our information sheet on relays with the recent LAVIC changes – you will find details on team selection, race types, qualifiers etc. in this document. We strongly recommend you read this to ensure you are up to date with the latest changes. Many have been caught out not reading or understanding these guidelines. Comprehensive Relay Event Information. But there is more….if you are not interested in all the fine detail, just click here for a VERY brief snapshot at U9-U12 and U13+ changes.
Relay Information Sessions:
– Saturday 23rd Jan at Moorabbin 9.45am for 15minutes
– Wednesday 27 January via zoom (register via email@example.com)
Both are just information sessions to explain the current season.
Lastly – diary dates…
Coles Dress Up & Sausage Sizzle– 20th February, lots of fun.
Ribbon Day 20th March in lieu of Centre Championships for this season only.