I will keep the main part of this update brief as you may have already caught-up with the news… the Little Athletics Track and Field Carnival is back on…. and taking place in 10 days (13th, 14th March). Wow 3AW’s Neil Mitchell at work again!
Notes for this weekend
- Saturday 6th February – It is Program 3 this week, which can be found here and don’t forget that we have now moved over to Moorabbin Athletics Track for the remainder of this season.
- Set-Up – This week it’s the turn of the Under 8 Boys to help out – please be at the Moorabbin Track by 7.30am
- Pack-Up – This week it is the turn of the Under 12/13 Girls
- Parent Duty Sign up – There are always 2-3 positions within each age group that we need help with, so please volunteer via the DUTY SIGN-UP HERE (thank you).
- Wet weather button – In times of inclement weather (e.g. heavy rain or severe heat) on a Saturday morning or Wednesday relays / mid-week coaching, please use our Wet Weather Updates button on the top left of the front page of our website. This will tell you if the event or meeting is cancelled due to the weather.
Little Athletics Victoria Regional Track and Field Carnivals
The Victoria Region Track and Field Carnivals allows individual athletes from Under 9 through to Under 16 to have the opportunity to compete in athletic disciplines of their choice.
A Regional Carnival is held first to qualify athletes for the State Competition. The Regional Carnival this year is taking place on 13th & 14th February at Duncan McKinnon where all athletes in our region get together to compete. It is at this event you must qualify for the State Competition. The State Competition will be held later in the season (13th & 14th March) at Casey Fields.
Please be aware that this event does not include the regional and/or state relays. For these events we will contact you separately – as this is for individual athletes only.
Athletes must have attended a minimum of at least 1 meet1 at Sandy as a registered member of the club to qualify. Our record of your child attending is managed via the automated (track) and manual (field) recording systems. If you are unsure how many meets your athlete has attended, PLEASE URGENTLY check your resultshq (using the same logins that you registered with us) to confirm that your child qualifies. Any queries please contact us at email@example.com
Parents you also have to do a 3-4 hour duty at the carnival, as these events are also largely run by Volunteers. We get allocated about 10 Key Official Roles each day which we pay as many Coaches as we can to do, then we get about 40 smaller easier roles over the weekend which parents fulfill.
The LAVIC portal will open up for this Competition later today so make sure you check the link here and register
If you require more information, please see Nicole on Saturday or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
BE PREPARED! If you are competing in upcoming LAVIC Events ensure you have your competition attire, coles patch, black shorts (free of any non LAVIC logo’s). See Sarah on Saturday morning at the Merch desk and she will assist you.
Further Dates for your Diary
Coles Dress Up & Sausage Sizzle – 20th February, lots of fun
Ribbon Day – 20th March (in lieu of Centre Championships, for this season only)
Season Calendar for Sandy Little Aths is here
LAVIC Overall Event Calendar is here
Thanks for all your support – and see you on Saturday morning!
The Sandy Little Aths Committee
Proudly Partnered with: