It’s fantastic news that we are now out of lockdown and Little Aths this weekend can again resume as planned.
It is an easy bullet point format this week. With everything changing so quickly and an abundance of information we hope this is easy to to read…..oh bring on the bullet points!
Updates for you to be aware of:
- Coles Community Day is this Saturday – please support us on this as Coles have given us a lot equipment replacing aged or much needed items. Kids free sausage sizzle thanks to Coles and chances to win 1 of 10 Coles vouchers. Dress up!! Dress up!! – coach Chloe and athletes Mitchell have already been creative (see further below in this email)
- Program for Saturday 20th Feb is Program1, the details are hosted here and the volunteer sign-up form is here
- Set-Up & Pack-Up – Under 8 Girls you are helping us to set-up, see you at 730am. Under 12/13 Boys you are helping us to pack-up.
- Recent news from LAVIC on Under 9-U12 relays and U9-U16 Regional Track and Field – read everything you need to know here including parent duty sign up for regional track and field.
- Season Calendar Changes – NO program for Under 9 – 16’s on 27th Feb due to Regional Track and Field Event now being rescheduled. But, the U6-U8 modified program will take place at the normal time, Saturday 27th February.
- Centre Records – we missed sharing this news with you due to so much going on……very well done to these talented athletes on their recent records!Elsa Volz – Scissor High Jump Scissor, 6 Feb 2021 (1.24m)
Matthew Milias – Long Jump, 6 Feb 2021 (5.31m)
Caden Barrow – Discus 500g, 30 Jan 2021 (30.76m)
Mila Ljutic – High Jump Scissor, 30 Jan 2021 (1.11m)
Harrison King – High Jump Scissor, 19 Dec 2020 (1.20m)
Lily Cahill – Shot 2kg, 19 Dec 2020 (11.90m)
Amelia Spenceley – 100m, 19 Dec 2020 (13.14s)
Amelia Spenceley – Long Jump, 19 Dec 2020 (4.45m)
- Remember that COVID practices are still in place – thank you for your support, we really appreciate it.
This Saturday (20th Feb) is our Coles Community Day! Coles Highett have given us a $200 voucher to buy sausages etc. so that we can run a sausage sizzle for the kids. A representative of the Store will also come down to the track to look at all the equipment the Coles Community Fund has given us and have a photo with the kids – so please make sure you have your Coles patches sewn on!!
Get Creative & win – have a selfie with our special Coles selfie frame and try your chance at winning 1 of 10 Coles vouchers we have been given. Plus if we nominate you as athlete of the month you might win more prizes.
There is a lot you can do with a Coles Bag!! Under 11 athlete Mitchell makes shorts, Coach Chloe makes a cape.
We are also very lucky to have a World Athletics elite athlete visiting us early Saturday. Michal Burian, champion Javelin thrower is coming early Saturday morning, thanks to Coles, to chat with us and offer a few tips.
See you on Saturday and thanks for all your ongoing enthusiasm and support!
The Sandy Little Aths Committee
Proudly Partnered with: