Fingers Crossed it is all systems go with weather this Friday evening.
Please find information relevant to this week’s Little Aths and following some of the information from last week’s bulletin (in case you missed it!).
Program of Events
- Friday 19th November Event Program is here: (note: the focus is on coaching again this week, measuring will occur for U10+ & we welcome approximately 50 trailers to the session)
- Start time – warm up begins at 5.30pm sharp. Triallers, we would like you to arrive at 5pm to ensure you are checked in and know where to go.
- Member Patches – returning and new members who have shown proof of age please collect your patch from your Age Group Manager.
Are you on Duty This Week?
We have a sign up roster for Duty where you can select the weeks you are able to do Duty (usually about 5 per season). We assess parent duty halfway through the season and nominate people if we notice some have not selected dates. It’s a team effort running Little Aths and we are very grateful for your help.
Duty Roster Sign Up is Here:
AGE GROUP on SET UP: Under 11’s… please arrive by 5pm and see Nicole or Mike
AGE GROUP on PACK UP: Under 13,14,15,16’s….. please see Gordon for pack up
Monday night’s at Moorabbin sees a full track of all sorts of athletes. Little Aths offers coaching for members and sign up for this is here: Come along Monday night.
4.30pm Distance (U11+) – Sprints/Technique, High Jump (Junior and Senior), Discus
5.30pm Distance (U11+) – Sprints/Technique, Hurdles (U9+), Long Jump
Coaching Sign Up: https://signup.com/go/kodtLpK
- Direct emails are sent to members weekly (usually Wednesday). These include the event program and announcements. We also send an email to the second parent contact in the membership database (there is an opt out function if required);
- Facebook is used for important announcements and reminders;
- Our website is used for information relating to the Club and the Wet Weather link;
- Team App has our weekly program on it/newsletter/direct links to the club; and
- WhatsApp is used an age group communication tool.
Contact information for us will always be at the bottom of our emails or you can use the ‘contact us’ page on the website.
Wet Weather Alert
A reminder where this is…. most of you found it on Friday or saw the email. Our website has a wet weather link in the top left hand corner which will be updated at 4pm on Friday.
We understand traveling to Duncan McKinnon on a Friday night is somewhat ‘different’ and we do appreciate the efforts you make to get here. As our trial athletes will be attending for the first time and we will offer the free sausage again to everyone. If anyone can give our Committee a hand to run the BBQ, we would appreciate that.
From next week, the BBQ will still operate so you have something to feed the kids on the way home but we will be charging a small fee to cover costs. Our ‘tap and collect’ payment options will be available to use (no Diners or American express).
Collection of Patches
Returning Members and New Members who have shown proof of age can collect their competition patch from the Age Group Manager. The patch is to be pinned onto the front of your t-shirt or singlet so that we can clearly see your name and the timing gates can scan your barcode. Many people laminate their patches, so they last the whole season!
New Members and Trial Athletes need to check in with Andrew at the front entrance. He will be to the right after you enter the main gate.
A reminder to check in and be aware of our Covid safe plan which is here. Thank you for your assistance with this.
Our Uniform and Apparel Stand will be open this week and located near the BBQ. Is there anyone able to give Sarah a hand to sell or process orders, particularly at the start of the session?
Do you have some extra time or happy to help us with very important duties at the club? Please read what amazing opportunities we have to offer here.
We look forward to seeing you on Friday!
e: [email protected]
m: 0413 705 357
Proudly Partnered with: