We are always learning at Sandy Little Aths… we review our program & operations each week, seek your input and love to hear your suggestions.
This week there are a lot of “NEW” things to share with you… please read on and make sure you don’t miss the relays section.
- We have a Map of the Track – with no north and south’s to confuse you. Just numbers! We ask that you please FOLLOW the program outlined as much as possible because we have set every area up with the right equipment and allocated spaces due to group sizes. The MAP is HERE there will be a copy in everyone’s group folder on the weekend.
- The Results Hub online is an area a few do not know about. This is where you can view your child’s results each week, including their PB’s (personal bests). Included is a link to our website so you can navigate your way into your child/ren’s special page to see how their results are going each week. It is important to find this page at some point soon because this is where you will have to nominate the events your athlete would like to compete in for our Centre Championships (see below) RESULTS HQ: Results – Sandringham Little Athletics (sandringhamlac.com.au)
- Centre Championships Saturday 2nd April 2022: The Sandringham Little Athletics Club Centre Championships is a major Club event where the kids can compete in events they choose. A timetable is being worked on but the detail below is provided for initially information. The program starts around 8am and concludes by 12.30pm. How it works is
- Under 6 – Under 7 athletes will be able to choose a maximum of 3 events to compete in.
- Under 8 – Under 16 athletes will be able to choose a maximum of 4 events to compete in.
- Athletes participating in the Centre Championships must nominate via the invite seen on your resultshq portal. We will share those instructions later.
- Centre Championships are free and nominations will be open until Thursday 31st March 7pm.
- Each child will receive either a medal (1st, 2nd or 3rd) or a ribbon for the next 10 places
- Mentone Relay Day 27th March: One of our best fun events on the calendar and is where our athletes compete in teams and run in a variety of distances against other clubs. We have attached a little summary of what to expect but if you are interested in being part of the relay competition, we are holding a come and try: learn about relays on Wednesday 5-6pm at the track. A flyer will be available on Saturday at our entrance. Click here for summary: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CUvTNzNGpL7pMr0erh_JxEboXF0-RG6T/view?usp=sharing
- New to Little Aths and not quite sure about what the events are your children do or how to measure etc: over the next few weeks we will provide links to videos or fact sheets put together for Little Aths..This one is from LANSW – click for long jump
- A New Timing Coordinator – desperately needed as we are weeks away before we lose our Timing Coordinator, Ash. Ash has been doing this role for Sandy for a few years. He needed a little IT knowledge and worked very hard on simplifying processes. We really need someone who is able to do this role for say 2 seasons so we have consistency. Please let us know asap.
- The new PB wall, we have discovered is of great interest and value to our athletes…doing their best on that day is all we can ask – thank you parents and AGM’s for supporting this new initiative.
- Pre-season Training: this is a new initiative of the club’s facilitating a 4 week pre season run training session for the Under 12+ Hampton Rovers Football Teams. Our SLAC coaches have loved the first week so far as have the kids in attendance.
- Our Season Calendar is here for your reference. Note we will be running a program (non points) on the long weekend in March
- Monster Raffle: this is the club’s major fundraiser supporting the operations of the club including resources (eg equipment) and costs (coaches). Please buy a couple of tickets or even a book of tickets ($30). The prizes on offer are fabulous. Here is the list of them and you can buy the raffle tickets at the track or via the sandringham little aths shop on our website here : we will drop off tickets sold.
- Mid-Week Coaching – more spots have been opened up for the run training squad and this week we have discus & shot for those athletes competing at States. Mike will be down for a few tips and pointers for the discus and shot athletes. 430pm – 530pm. Sign up for run squad or discus/shot is here https://signup.com/go/zywYtie
- Private Coaching Anyone? – Natasha has started up private coaching on a Monday afternoon and her details/information are here.
The Program for Saturday (sorry to put so far down but I wanted you to read the news bulletin) is HERE
IMPORTANT – PLEASE REFER TO THE LOCATION YOU NEED TO USE…..don’t go to any space because each location is set up specific to events held.
Parents – we need you please to sign up to help with your group. We have only 2 people signed up so far – oh no! .https://signup.com/go/SxRxWGP
Parents of Under 9 Boys and Girls….BBQ duty is yours. Challenge is to sell 160 sausages and 50 egg and bacon rolls!!
Start time is 9am warm up, with our first event at 9.15am.
State Track and Field Progressions
We are very proud to share with you the athletes who qualified into the State Track and Field Championships. Many of these athletes have been training hard for this moment (even during covid – they still had a focus) and for them the chance to finally compete at State Level is here.
Congratulations to all of these athletes, many of whom are competing in multiple events. Some of you have expressed interested in watching these athletes live on the day so we will let you know the link for that.
Other Notes of Importance…
We would like to remind everyone, athletes, parents, coaches, officials and other volunteers that the Club has a Code of Conduct by which it operates. It is important that all those involved including members are aware of these regulations namely parent conduct, child safe conduct and coach safe conduct. Our website has the SLAC Regulations and Code of Conduct HERE. The Club has 4 Child Safety Officers: Nicole George, Karen Farrell, Natasha Franchina and Todd Hartley
Look out for the voucher to Bakers Delight in Hampton Street – Paul has kindly helped us with supplies for the BBQ and will be further support us with little surprises. Please show your support to Paul and his team at Bakers Delight in Hampton Street. You never know…you might find a coach or two working there as well!
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you all Saturday!
m: 0413 705 357
Proudly Partnered with: