The long weekend was a really busy one for Sandy Little Aths members: many PB’s (personal bests) were achieved during the program on Saturday morning, and also at Lakeside where some of our members qualified for the State Track and Field Competition.
Pssst… if you did not see the results and efforts of our athletes at States, please read here. Leni took 17seconds off her PB. Incredible!
We congratulate all the athletes qualifying for states.
Information You Need to know
- Mentone Relays – 27th March (Sunday week)…entries close THIS Saturday as team selection needs to be in – sign up is here: mentone relay register
- Centre champs – are in two weeks and entries close Thursday 31 March 7pm. If you are having issues remembering passwords etc to login please see Nicole on Saturday morning or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The nomination process /guide for centre champs is here: nomination process CC
- Club Awards and AGM – diaries for this date is 9th April. It will take place in the morning
- Cross Country – as the Little Aths Season draws to a close, we want you to consider joining the cross country. It is a fabulous relaxed program, a great way for the kids to maintain fitness but also for those who want to keep competing. It takes place on a Saturday morning and is only 1 event each week at various local cross country locations. The distances for the kids are:
- Mid Week Running – in support of the cross country season and the fact that many of you are enjoying the weekly run sessions we will continue to offer Wednesday running. The format will change slightly considering more fitness development and cross country preparation (e.g. beach runs & stair runs) but more information will follow.
- Lost Property – the basket is overflowing! We have two weeks left before we throw water bottles out and pass on the clothes to the charity shops. Please review lost property on Saturday.
- Schools bookings – is your school keen to hold their athletics carnival at the Sandy Aths track? If so, please let them know they can hire out some of our equipment to make it easier for them. We will offer ‘friends of the club rates’ if it is your school that needs to hire equipment. Let Nicole or Mike know if you would prefer her to contact the school directly.
- Concierge anyone? The Club is seeking a few local people to help us when school’s hire our equipment for their athletics carnival. The job requires you to open the shed and pass out the equipment the school is hiring, then come back and receive it all when they are finished. We are paying a small fee for this role and happy to discuss this further with anyone interested. Great job for any one looking for local part time work.
This week’s Program starts at 9am and can be found here!
- BBQ Duty is here: https://signup.com/go/SxRxWGP
- Under 9’s are on set up and the Under 13’s are on pack up
We look forward to seeing you all on Saturday… 2 more weeks until Centre Champs don’t forget.
m: 0413 705 357
Proudly Partnered with: