What a great training session last night!
The sun was out, each session was FULL (wowsers) and Ben was serving watermelons. (who’s Ben you ask? Ben’s the man with the mike on Saturdays. Loves a good joke).
This week’s email covers the following topics:
1. Saturday 12th November – Coles Community Round
2. Parent duty and supervision – allocated roster is coming
3. State Combined Athletes – good luck!
4. A reminder about relays (Again…) – sign up by Sunday 5pm! (The deadlines have been set by LAVIC).
This Saturday 12th November
Below are some general details and info for this Saturday:
It’s the Coles Community Round this Saturday and we have World Champion Kelsey-Lee Barber coming to visit us. Watch how amazing Kelsey is
2022 World Championships – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MzFzKlQdjs
2022 Commonwealth Games – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A04lZzXleI
Our Community Showcase Event supports the Coles Community Round for Little Athletics Australia as well as Robert Connors Dawes Foundation
Below are some further details:
- Start times: 8AM for U6 – U9 & 10AM for U10-U17. Kelsey-Lee Barber will be taking a quick Q&A from our community before commencing warm up training. Please arrive before 8.15am to hear from our World Champion
- What to wear: It’s a dress up round so wear as much red as you can (but bring your number patch!).
- A group photo will be taken
- Kelsey-Lee will judge a few of the best dressed in the morning session
- The RCDF Team will be providing gift packs for the best dressed athletes on the day
- How fast to run: Tell the children to get their skates on in the 400m! Coles will donate $5 for every PB run by a child in the 400m races to the Robert Conners Dawes Foundation
- Set up help: Parents of U7 GIRLS are on set up – please make the effort to arrive at 7:20am to help out. Parents of U12 BOYS are on pack up duty.
- Coffee van: YES!
- We need help: – We need help in these areas on the day. Please email Nicole [insert email] beforehand if you can help or come see a Committee Member on Saturday near the tent:
RACE STARTERS – People to start races, otherwise we can’t start them
SECOND SESSION– People to enter field event data so they can be uploaded into ResultsHQ more quickly
- Coles BBQ: Coles staff from the Sandringham Store will be operating the BBQ for us on Saturday, so make sure you say thank you and show support by buying a few cooked sausages!
- Bananas: YES! We have lots of free bananas each week (donated from Coles) – make sure you grab some.
- Merchandise: Sandy Merch is having a holiday (we’ll all want one come December 26…) for a few weeks while we wait for stock to arrive. We know some people have lodged orders and we will process these as soon as the goods arrive. But you can (and should!) order some merchandise for the Connors Run RCD Merchandise – support the fantastic cause!
- Wet weather: Check out the wet weather button on our website (in the top left hand corner), which we will update at 7.30am on Saturday mornings if the weather is concerning – and again at 9.15am so as to cover the second session.
- Program: here is the program for this week – CLICK HERE
Parent duty and supervision – allocated roster is coming
We have been monitoring the sign up sheet over the past few weeks and unfortunately we have not been receiving the required number of parents signing-up to run the sessions.
We will move to an allocated roster in a couple of weeks – please keep your eye out on this to ensure you attend for your allocated session (or sign up now SIGN UP HERE so you get in ahead).
Areas such as Timing Stations, Race Starts, Age Group Roles (measuring, raking etc) are crucial to running our program. If we don’t have people in these roles (and the BBQ), we will not be able to time races, measure distances or provide a sausage at the end of the session. How can we send kids home without a snag on Saturdays?!
Please also remember that our Coaches are there to COACH, not parent or act as crowd control.
State Combined Athletes – good luck!
We have a number of children competing at the State Combined event in Albert Park this Saturday.
Wishing them all the very best performance this weekend: Brae Bernsconi, Leni Hartley, MacKenzie Duddy, Callan Duddy, Hope Henry, Cooper Ille, Isabella Furber, Tom Rhodes, Matthew Millas, Gemma Eaton, Zack Harrison, Charlie Ironmonger, Taylah Lamb and Polly Owen.
A reminder about relays (again…) – please sign up by Sunday 5pm!
(these deadlines have been set by LAVIC)
This is reminder number 2,769,564 about RELAYS…
Please read the info below and if you can commit to the 3 dates (20th November, 3rd December and 4th February 2023) – then please sign up by SUNDAY 5pm. Here is the link again – CLICK HERE
Everyone is welcome to join! Relays are something that you really don’t want to miss out on.
Just so we are SUPER CRYSTAL CLEAR – we don’t just pick the fastest 4 kids from the age group for the relays. We have relay teams A, B and sometimes even a Team C for particular age groups. Because we have some little super stars at the club here (that’s how we grow them!) our B Teams will often progress through regionals and even qualify for the Victorian State competition.
The dates for these Relay meets are:
- Sunday 20 November– Mentone Relay Day for Under 8-17, Dolomore Reserve, Mentone.
- Saturday 3 December– SMR Region Carnival for Under 9-17, Duncan Mackinnon Reserve Athletics Track, North Rd, Murrumbeena. (Teams can proceed through to States if they qualify at the Regionals)
- Saturday 4 February 2023– State Relay Carnival, Lakeside Stadium Albert Park Melbourne. Teams need to qualify via Regionals.
Catch you Saturday everyone!
m: 0413 705 357
Proudly Partnered with: