This week’s news covers the following topics:
This Saturday 26th November
Below are some general details and info for this Saturday:
- Start times: 8.15am for U6 – U9 & 10am for U10-U17
- Set up help: Parents of U6 GIRLS are on set up – please make the effort to arrive at 7:20am to help out. Parents of U10 BOYS are on pack-up duty.
- Coffee van: YES!
- BBQ: Yes! The parents of U9 BOYS are on BBQ cooking duty this weekend.
- Bananas: YES! We have lots of free bananas each week (donated from Coles) – make sure you grab some.
- Merchandise: YES! So come and grab your singlets and hoodies.
- Wet weather: Check out the wet weather button on our website (in the top left hand corner), which we will update at 7.30am on Saturday mornings if the weather is concerning – and again at 9.15am so as to cover the second session.
- Program: Here is the program for this week – CLICK HERE
- Team App: Don’t forget that you can access all our club info, news and documents through the Stack Team App. To download the app simply visit www.teamapp.com/app
Saturday 3rd and 10th December sessions
On 3rd December, the Southern Metro Region relay competition is being held. As a result, we only hold a program for Under 6-8s as the rest of the membership are participating in relays. This program will be modified for U6 – U8 athletes, as we have most of the Sandringham Little Athletics committee at relays.
Saturday 10th December is our last session for the year, and will include a Christmas theme. We are also inviting Brighton Little Aths to join us because they have to leave their track to allow for the Dendy Park Christmas Carols preparations.
Mentone relays – we smashed it!
In case you missed the socials this week – Sandy did really well at the Mentone Relays. In particular, we won the most important race of the day – the parent shuttle! (You can guess that one of the parents on the podium is writing this newsletter..). Well done to the parents for grabbing the gold and managing not to pull any hammies.
The club finished 3rd overall with 335 points (behind Berwick with 411 and Waverly with 342).
Region Track and Field Carnivals (18/19 February) – registrations are open
Registrations are now open for the Region Track and Field Carnivals for this season which will be held on 18 and 19 February 2023.
Athletes are allowed to choose up to 5 of their favourite events and enjoy participating in them alongside other athletes from Centres within their Region. We are in the Southern Metro Region (SMR) and will be competing against other clubs at Duncan Mackinnon Reserve, Murrumbeena.
These events are open to children in the Under 9 to Under 17 age groups and also include events available exclusively for Multi-Class athletes.
Each registered Little Aths member would have received an email providing further details on this event. Have a look on the website for more details & info – click here
Photos – you asked, we deliver!
A number of you have asked for photos of recent events – please follow the links below:
Please also note that we have a number of members who do not consent to photographs/videos being taken of them.
Please respect their personal request for this and be aware such athletes are identified with a red line across their competition patch and a coloured wrist band. Checking with others if they don’t mind a photo being taken is always a good first option.
Catch you on Saturday everyone…
m: 0413 705 357