It’s our final session of the year this Saturday and we have Brighton Little Aths joining us (this will replace the combined event we had originally planned in January with Brighton).
Well done to Cheryl and all of the parents who helped out last weekend in the Under 6-8s program. And a big clap for many in the membership who participated in the SMR Relays – so many teams made it through to states. Anyone say AWESOME? You bet.
We hope you all enjoy your end of year celebrations – hopefully you can pick up some presents at our on-line auction. Have a well earned rest over the summer too. (On the other hand, beach sprints are an EXCELLENT way of building up those leg muscles!). A reminder that Wednesday coaching will start again on 1 Feb 2023.
This week’s email covers the following topics:
- This Saturday 10th December session
- Parent Duty Roster
- Grill’d FREE Voucher – don’t forget to pick it up!
- Club On-line Auction is on this weekend – just in time for Xmas. Please send the link to your family and friends (or just get in there and grab them yourself!).
- Relays – well done to everyone!
- Upcoming competitions
This Saturday 10th December
Below are some further details for this Saturday:
- Start times: 8:15AM for U6–U8s and 10AM for U10-U17s
- Set up help: Parents of U8 BOYS are on set up – please make the effort to arrive at 7:20am to help out. All parents to chip in to pack up at 10am!
- Your individual registration number: Please make sure your child is wearing it! It makes it very hard for us to be inputting children’s details at the end of a race without their tag. Much more efficient to scan!
- Coffee van: YES!
- BBQ: YES! Parents of U7 GIRLS and U12 BOYS are on BBQ cooking duties.
- Bananas: YES! (and they are free)
- Merchandise: YES!
- Wet weather: Check out the wet weather button on our website (in the top left hand corner), which we will update at 7.30am on Saturday mornings if the weather is concerning – and again at 9.15am, so as to cover the second session.
- Program: here is the program for this week – CLICK HERE. Please be patient on Saturday, there will be lots of people around. For the second session, we will be limiting people walking on the infield because we start javelin mid-way through. (You will need to walk around the edge).
- Car parking: this will be challenging and we ask members to allow time for parking, use local streets (but be mindful of parking time limits) or walk/cycle from home.
- Donations of old uniforms: If you have any uniforms that your children have outgrown, please drop them in to out merch area. We all love to recycle and reuse! There’s a planet out there to look after.
Parent Duty Roster
Parent Duty Rosters for this weekend, and the first couple of weekends in the new year, have been completed. A copy of next 3 duties can be found here
Please diarise when you are on. The full duty roster is here and links to Duty and Mid-Week coaching are available on our Team App and our website for quick reference.
What if I can’t do the allocated duty? This can happen, we understand. Please help by finding a replacement. If you can’t find a replacement, please cancel yourself out of that particular Duty and put yourself down for another one.
How many duties do I have to do? 4 per season if you have 1 child at the club and 5 duties if you have multiple children. These 4 duties are for the centre program (not including set up, BBQ or external events you chose to participate in). Duties include measuring or raking long jump for example, or picking up the discuss after the throws.
I have already done my 4 duties. Great and THANK YOU. We are working through all this at the moment and on some occasions we have no record of your assistance. We are currently cross referencing but if you have done 4 and want to let us know, please email Nicole at email@example.com
What happens if I don’t do my duties? We’d like to think that every parent will participate and not rely on everyone else to support their children. But if this doesn’t happen, it will unfortunately mean your child will not be able to participate in our Club Championships at the end of the Season.
What do I get for doing duties? Spending time with your child and community for a start! But also, we have sourced a Community Shopping Pack which we will give to those members who do their rounds of duty. The Community Shopping Pack consists of several vouchers you can use within the Bayside Area.
A FREE Grill’d Voucher for every member!
The newly opened Grill’d Hampton has joined us as one of our Community Partners for the 2022 / 23 Season. How good is that?!
For the month of December, Sandy Little Athletics Club will be one of 3 Community Clubs that will be participating in their well known “Local Matters Community Program”, a program designed to give back to the Community.
We are gifting every Sandy Little Athletics Club member with a Free Voucher for either a Grill’d Hampton Burger or Salad – WHO DOESN’T LOVE FREE STUFF?
In order to increase our chances of winning the Local Matters Program, we ask that you use your voucher in store during the month of December. You will be given tokens in store when you visit Grill’d. Please allocate these to Sandy Little Aths. The more tokens, the higher chance our club has of winning. If we win, we receive a donation of funds from Grill’d which will help assist our club.
To collect your FREE Voucher please visit the Canteen at the track on either Saturday 3rd or Saturday 10th of December.
Inaugural Sandy Little Aths On-line Auction
- A round of golf for 4 at Royal Melbourne Golf Club
- Australian Open tickets
- x4 tickets to SYNTHONY No.3 at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl
- Signed Charlie Curnow & Patrick Cripps Carlton FC 2022 Guernsey – click here to view
- Signed Melbourne United Basketball
- Signed Melbourne FC 2021 Premiership Guernsey
- Vouchers from local businesses and restaurants
- $400 Levi’s voucher
- BMW branded luggage
- Camping & sporting equipment
- A Fitbit Versa 3 watch
- 3-month Goodlife gym membership
This is a FANTASTIC opportunity to grab a bargain and stock up on Christmas presents whilst supporting the club. As well as benefiting the club, a percentage of funds generated from the online auction will be allocated towards the 2023 Royal Children’s Good Friday Appeal.
Any questions or last-minute donations – please contact Nick Milat by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or else on his mobile on 0414 815 170
CLICK HERE to visit the online auction to browse the items and pre-register for the auction to be ready for when it goes live tomorrow afternoon (Friday Dec 9th at Noon).
Relays – well done to everyone!
Well done to everyone who competed at SMR on Saturday – it was a HOT one! Many many (did we say many?) Sandy teams made it through to states, and in various age groups it was multiple teams from the one age group. And a whopping 23 podium finishes for the club. Go Sandy!
Here are some pics of the day – click here to view
Training for states will commence on Wednesday 18th January 5:30pm. We will advise teams who were successful getting through soon.
18 and 19 Feb 2023 – As we’ve mentioned before, registrations are now open for the Region Track and Field Carnivals for this season which will be held on 18 and 19 February 2023. Athletes are allowed to choose up to 5 of their favourite events and enjoy participating in them alongside other athletes from Centres within their Region. Each registered Little Aths member would have received an email providing further details on this event. Have a look on the website for more details – Click here for more info
10 December – Knox and are holding their open days, anyone can participate! Click here for more info
17 December – Doncaster are holding their open days, anyone can participate! Click here for more info
See you all on Saturday!
m: 0413 705 357