It’s our second session of 2023 this week and looks like it will be a HOT one! Please check the weather button on the website for updates – we do have an extreme heat policy also. Otherwise slip slap slop and drink a lot of H2O please.
A reminder that Wednesday coaching will start again on 1 Feb 2023. If you want to attend training, please sign up online as the sessions have capacity limits – the link is here
Also, please do cancel yourself out of a session (using the same link as shared above) if you can’t attend as we have had disappointed members miss out because cancellations have not been communicated, resulting in them missing out.
This week’s update covers the following topics:
- This Saturday 28th January session
- Saturday 4th February sessions
- Parent duty roster – please don’t forget
- Can you spot us?
- Register for SMR by 30th January
This Saturday 28th January
Below are some further details for this Saturday:
- Start times: 8:15AM for U6 – U9s and 10AM for U10-U17
- Set up and pack up help: Parents of U9 Girls are on set up this week. please make the effort to arrive at 7:20am to help out. Parents of U13-U17 Boys are on pack up.
- Your individual registration number: Please make sure your child is wearing it! It makes it very hard for us to be inputting children’s details at the end of a race without their tag. Much more efficient to scan!
- Coffee van: YES!
- BBQ: A parent’s dad has put his hand up to oversee the BBQ this weekend for the first session (only) because our coordinator can’t. We are very grateful to him and ask our members to help him where you can please! Parents of U8 Boys please help out as you are on BBQ duty. The BBQ is an enormous undertaking but a crucial fundraiser for the club.
- Zooper doopers – we are bringing in zero sugar zooper doopers at a cost of $1. We ask all members to ensure the plastic wrapper is put into the bin after eating.
- Bananas: YES! (Free, free, free)
- Merchandise: YES!
- Wet (or HOT!) weather: Check out the weather button on our website (in the top left hand corner), which we will update at 7.30am on Saturday mornings if the weather is concerning – and again at 9.15am so as to cover the second session.
- Program: here is the program for this week – CLICK HERE
- Donations of old uniforms: If you have any uniforms / shoes that your children have outgrown, please drop them in to our merch area. We all love to recycle and re-use! There’s a planet out there to look after.
Saturday 4th Feb Sessions
A number of the SLAC children (U9 – U17), their parents and committee members will be attending the Victorian State Relay competition on 4th February. We will still run the Little Athletics competition on this morning at the Sandy track for all those who are not competing at the relays, don’t worry. The U6-U8 program will run as usual, and the U9-U17 program will be slightly modified.
Parent Duty Roster – Please Don’t Forget!
Please don’t forget about the Parent Duty Rosters – including for this this weekend. The duty roster is HERE
Links to Duty and Mid Week coaching are available on our Team App and our website for quick reference.
- If you can’t do a duty please use your sign up email address (the same email address you have used for membership sign up) and change it. If this does not work, please email Nicole on email@example.com and advise of a different day you can do duty
- If you believe you have done your 4 allocations of duties for the season….thank you, we are very grateful! Please email Nicole to confirm.
There are quite a few parents who have carried out their season duties and will be able to collect their community value pack soon. Amazing work!
Can you spot us?
You may have noticed that the committee and coaches have some new t-shirts – so that you can spot us and ask any questions of course!
Our committee has worked hard recently to obtain a grant to fund these uniforms specifically (they are not funded through any membership fees don’t worry!). Please always feel comfortable approaching any of us and asking for whatever you or your little athlete(s) may need from us. We’re here to help!
Register for SMR by 30th January
It’s your last chance chance to register for the Region Track and Field Carnivals for this season which will be held on 18th and 19th February 2023.
Online registrations close on 30th January, so get in quick via the link below:
See you all on Saturday!
m: 0413 705 357