We only have a few weeks of Little Aths left for the season – what will we do until September?! Cross country….!
This week’s email covers:
- This Saturday 4 March
- Next Saturday 11 March – NO SANDY LITTLE ATHS SESSION
- 2023 Powercor Stawell Gift
- We are looking for some new parents to join the committee for next season!
- Centre Championships (including timetable) – 25 March
- Centre Awards
This Saturday 4th March
Below are some further details for this Saturday:
- Start times: 8:15AM for U6–U9 and 9:45AM for U10-U17.
- Set up and pack up help: Parents of U7 BOYS are on set up this week. Please make the effort to arrive at 7:20am to help out. Parents of U12 GIRLS are on pack up please.
- Coffee van: YES!
- BBQ: YES! Parents of U9 GIRLS & U11 BOYS please help out as you are on BBQ duty. The BBQ is an enormous undertaking but a crucial fundraiser for the club.
- Zooper doopers – YES!
- Bananas: YES! (Free, free, free)
- Weather: Check out the weather button on our website (in the top left hand corner), which we will update at 7.30am on Saturday mornings if the weather is concerning – and again at 9.15am so as to cover the second session.
- Program: Here is the program for this week – CLICK HERE
- High Jump (including Scissor practice for States) – This Saturday from 7:30am, the scissor mat will be available for those successful in qualifying for State Track and Field and needing some additional practice. The High Jump mats will be available at the end of the second session for those older athletes needing practice time as well.
- 200 / 300 Hurdles: Please let us know if your child is intending to do the long hurdles this week on Saturday (email Nicole email@example.com). If we don’t hear back from parents by Friday 9pm then we will assume no long hurdles.
Next Saturday 11 March – NO SANDY LITTLE ATHS SESSION
Unfortunately we will not be holding a little athletics session at Sandy over the long weekend. Most of the committee members are with their children at State Track & Field, a lot of families are away and due to the lack of parent volunteering / assistance this season, we do not have enough adults for set up and running of the session. Back in full swing on March 18th though!
2023 Powercor Stawell Gift
A favourite event on the Little Athletics Victoria calendar is the Stawell Gift.
The 2023 Powercor Stawell Gift will take place at Central Park (10-18 Main St, Stawell VIC 3380) in Stawell on Saturday 8th April 2023 and runs through to Monday 10th April 2023. Registrations close on Monday 13th March 2023, 1:00pm.
Dhruv (from our Senior Club) who came to our little aths session on Saturday, actually won the Stawell Gift in 2019.
More info and registration details online here:
We are looking for some new parents to join the committee for next season!
The 2022/2023 season is almost coming to an end – and what a finish it will be with the Centre Club Champs!
We would love some new members to join the committee, influence the club and help guide the direction of the little athletes coming through. A number of the current committee members have older children who will soon be leaving Little Aths – we’d love some new members from the younger age groups!
What does it entail? There are lots of different ways to get involved on the committee, including as a general member. We hold meetings every 6 weeks or so during the season (Sep – March) and have various sub-committees for particular roles. Don’t know much about discus or how to set up hurdles? It doesn’t matter! You might be great at comms, PR, fundraising or even general governance. Please email us (even to ask any questions) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Centre Championships – 25th March
This is our big club competition of the season and it is being held on Saturday 25th March – see the draft timetable online HERE
It is a kids favourite as they choose the events they want to compete in!
- When do registrations open? Centre Championships are open and close 10pm Tuesday 21 March. Some events will be capped.
- How do I nominate/enter? It’s done through ResultsHQ – make sure you know how to log into ResultsHQ. For info and guidance on this process simply CLICK HERE. Athletes participating in the Centre Championships must nominate via the ResultsHQ portal (see “nominations” tab at the top). You cannot turn up on the day.
- How many events can my child enter?
- Under 6 – Under 7 athletes will be able to choose a maximum of 3 events to compete in.
- Under 8 – Under 16 athletes will be able to choose a maximum of 5 events to compete in.
- Time? The program starts around 8am FOR ALL and concludes by 12.30pm
- Cost? Centre Championships are free to members.
- Prizes? Medals are awarded for 1st, 2nd or 3rd place or a ribbon for the next 10 places
Phew…. That’s certainly not all either! If you’d like to check out all of the results – have a look through the results here: https://lavic.resultshub.com.au
Looks like Wednesdays’ middle distance training with Todd is working for many at the club!
These are different to the Centre Championships and involve points accruing evenly over each NOMINATED week of regular Sandy Little Aths competition.
Athletes in U7—U17 Age Groups will be awarded a Trophy & Certificate for 1st, 2nd & 3rd places in the season and a Certificate for each of 4th to 10th place. Athletes in U6 receive a participation medal which will be given out at the day of our Centre Championships.
The Club also awards the following:
- U7-U17 Age Group Personal Best (ie highest number of PB’s over the whole season- Top 3 # centre champion winners excluded.)
- Centre Records for Current Season
- Recognition Certificate and thank you to our Graduating Under 17 Athletes
- Club Awards will be presented to award winners on Saturday 1 April straight after the club AGM
How are the points accrued?
- The dates which are counted towards these awards are confirmed by the SLAC Committee and have been published on our Season Calendar since the start of the season (there is an * next to a point round).
- Athletes must be a SLAC registered and paid member by COB on the Wednesday prior to a session to accumulate points from that session.
- Trial athletes will not be eligible for points.
- Each event scores points according to the overall placing in that Age Group and Gender.
- Points can only be earned in the specific events in the program for that age group and gender allocated to that event day.
See you all on Saturday!
m: 0413 705 357