Just a reminder that there is no session this Saturday (March 11th) at Sandy Little Athletics.
We hope you all have a great long weekend and wish all of our members who have qualified for the State Track & Field Events all the very best! We’ll be watching you…. Seriously, jump on YouTube and type in Little Athletics if you want to watch the live stream!
Here is a link to those who are participating this weekend – CLICK HERE
Good luck to our Under 9s – Isla, Gemma, Coco, Zack and Jakob in their first ever individual Little Aths State competition this weekend.
Enjoy the experience and keep smiling, we all know you rock regardless of the results.
This week’s email covers:
- AGM for Sandringham Little Athletics and Seasonal Club Awards – 1st April
- We are looking for some new parents to join the committee for next season!
- Centre Championships (including timetable) – 25th March
Full Wednesday coaching will finish this week (8th March) – parent coaches are required back at work and most of our other coaches are back at university.
We will however hold a ‘run training only’ session (sprints or distance) for all ages on Wednesday 15th March, but sign up is still required: https://signup.com/go/VqGdYzM
AGM for Sandringham Little Athletics and Seasonal Club Awards – 1st April
Please click here a link to the AGM notice It will be held on Saturday 1st April at 9am, followed by the Club awards for the season.
We are looking for some new parents to join the committee for next season!
The 2022/2023 season is almost coming to an end – and what a finish it will be with the Centre Club Champs!
We would love some new members to join the committee, influence the club and help guide the direction of the little athletes coming through. A number of the current committee members have older children who will soon be leaving Little Aths – we’d love some new members from the younger age groups!
What does it entail? There are lots of different ways to get involved on the committee, including as a general member. We hold meetings every 6 weeks or so during the season (Sep – March) and have various sub-committees for particular roles. Don’t know much about discus or how to set up hurdles? It doesn’t matter! You might be great at comms, PR, fundraising or even general governance.
Please email us (even to ask any questions) – email@example.com
Here is a form to nominate for the upcoming AGM – click here
Centre Championships (including timetable) – 25th March
This is our big club competition of the season and it is being held on Saturday 25th March – see the draft timetable online HERE
It is a kids favourite as they choose the events they want to compete in!
- When do registrations open? Centre Championships are open and close 10pm Tuesday 21 March. Some events will be capped.
- How do I nominate/enter? It’s done through ResultsHQ – make sure you know how to log into ResultsHQ. For info and guidance on this process simply CLICK HERE. Athletes participating in the Centre Championships must nominate via the ResultsHQ portal (see “nominations” tab at the top). You cannot turn up on the day.
- How many events can my child enter?
- Under 6 – Under 7 athletes will be able to choose a maximum of 3 events to compete in.
- Under 8 – Under 16 athletes will be able to choose a maximum of 5 events to compete in.
- Time? The program starts around 8am FOR ALL and concludes by 12.30pm
- Cost? Centre Championships are free to members.
- Prizes? Medals are awarded for 1st, 2nd or 3rd place or a ribbon for the next 10 places.
Enjoy the long weekend and see you next week!
m: 0413 705 357