It’s our last week of the regular season on Saturday – let’s make it a cracker!
This week’s email covers:
- This Saturday 18th March
- We are looking for some new parents to join the committee for next season!
- Next Saturday – Centre Championships
- Community and fundraising
- Results of State Track & Field
This Saturday 18th March
Below are some further details for this Saturday:
- Start times: 8:15AM for U6-U9s and 9:45AM for U10-U17s.
- Set up and pack up help: Parents of U8 GIRLS are on set up this week. Please make the effort to arrive at 7:20am to help out. Parents of U10 GIRLS are on pack up please.
- Coffee van: YES!
- BBQ: YES! Parents of U6 BOYS & U11 GIRLS please help out as you are on BBQ duty. The BBQ is an enormous undertaking but a crucial fundraiser for the club.
- Zooper doopers – YES!
- Bananas: YES! (Free, free, free)
- Weather: Check out the weather button on our website (in the top left hand corner), which we will update at 7.30am on Saturday mornings if the weather is concerning – and again at 9.15am so as to cover the second session.
- Program: here is the program for this week – CLICK HERE
- 200 / 300 Hurdles: Please let us know if your child is intending to do the long hurdles this week on Saturday (email Nicole firstname.lastname@example.org).
We are looking for some new parents to join the committee for next season!
The 2022/2023 season is almost coming to an end – and what a finish it will be with the Centre Club Champs!
We would love some new members to join the committee, influence the club and help guide the direction of the little athletes coming through. A number of the current committee members have older children who will soon be leaving Little Aths – we’d love some new members from the younger age groups!
We have had lots of enquiries, which is amazing. Here are some additional questions/answers:
- What type of member can you be?
- You can be a general member, attend meetings and help out where it is required.
- You can have a specific role – such as Social Media Coordinator, Equipment Manager, Weekly Program Coordinator, Competition, Newsletter Coordinator, Marketing / Sponsorship Coordinator, Coaching Coordinator, Results / Timing Coordinator, Volunteer / Parent Duty Coordinator and Concessions Coordinator (oversees Merchandise & Canteen)
- You can also have a more significant role such as the President, Secretary and Membership Registrar. We are very happy for the President role to be shared as Co-Presidents.
- How often does the committee meet? We hold meetings at night time every 6 weeks or so during the season (Sep – March). Some meetings are on zoom too – so easy to get to from your home!
- What is the time commitment ? These roles are not massive and when everyone does them, it all works seamlessly. For the specific roles, there would usually be a regular commitment of at least a couple of hours a week. Some of these roles can also have assistant parents who don’t need to be on the committee (e.g. Merchandise selling, timing, entry of field events). Some roles require a bigger commitment, but only a few times a season – such as the Marketing/Sponsorship Coordinator
Please email us (even to ask any questions) – email@example.com
Here is a form to nominate for the upcoming AGM – click here
Next Saturday – Centre Championships (25th March)
This is our big club competition of the season and it is being held next Saturday, 25th March – see the timetable online HERE
It is a kids favourite as they choose the events they want to compete in!
- When do registrations open? Centre Championships are open and close 10pm Tuesday 21 March. Some events will be capped.
- How do I nominate/enter? It’s done through ResultsHQ – make sure you know how to log into ResultsHQ. For info and guidance on this process simply CLICK HERE. Athletes participating in the Centre Championships must nominate via the ResultsHQ portal (see “nominations” tab at the top). You cannot turn up on the day.
- How many events can my child enter?
- Under 6 – Under 7 athletes will be able to choose a maximum of 3 events to compete in.
- Under 8 – Under 16 athletes will be able to choose a maximum of 5 events to compete in.
- What if I want to change my registration? If you can do this yourself online, then please do. However, because the event is being monitored regularly, nominations into events are regularly checked and accepted. At that point you can’t change your child’s choice online, so you need to email firstname.lastname@example.org for a change.
- Time? The program starts around 8am FOR ALL and concludes by 12.30pm
- Cost? Centre Championships are free to members.
- Prizes? Medals are awarded for 1st, 2nd or 3rd place or a ribbon for the next 10 places.
Community and fundraising
Royal Child Hospital Appeal – Little Athletics Victoria has for many years designated The Good Friday Appeal as their Charity. Each year Centres are asked to raise as many funds as they can for the appeal. SLAC’s online auction late last year was our avenue to raise money for the Appeal. We raised an incredible $1,000 for charities which we are very excited to share with The Royal Children’s Hospital Good Friday Appeal.
We understand some members would still like to contribute so the Canteen this week will have a special donation jar for you to do that.
Results of State Track & Field
What a fantastic achievement from so many of our athletes. It was a very rewarding experience for all to see. There were many successes, many PBs and most importantly, lots of hard work, dedication and great sportsmanship.
Sandringham finished 5th of all the clubs overall, with a huge 14 Golds, 14 Silver and 7 bronze medals.
- Big congratulations to Mackenzie Duddy (U10 girls) and Matthew Milias (U14 Boys) who took home a bag of gold medals each. (You might be good at collecting medals but… not your jumpers it appears! We picked up your Sandy hoodie Mackenzie).
- Fantastic to see that we have the fastest 100m girls in the State in the U10 and U11 girls! Well done Mackenzie and Taylah. And to Polly Owen for being behind the gold by only 0.01s in the 200m and hurdles!
- Alannah Sullivan, Cooper Ille and Matilda de Young had some fantastic runs and massive PBs in their 800 and 400m.
- We also have some awesome hurdlers at our club – well done to Amy Fitzgerald (gold in 90m hurdles U15), Charlie Sullivan (gold in 300m hurdles U15), Mackenzie Duddy (gold in 60m hurdles U10), Polly Owen (silver in 60m hurdles U10) and Callan Duddy (silver in the 80m hurdles U11).
- Gemma and Jakob won silver medals in their first ever State Track & Field Events in Under 9. Well done champs!
- Xavier Harrison claimed 3 medals in his U12 Multi Class – gold for 100m, silver for 200m and silver for shot put. How fantastic to see!
Se you on Saturday!
m: 0413 705 357