What a fantastic final day of the season it was last Saturday – so many PBs and great finishes! This week on Saturday we have the Centre Club Championships – reminder that the session start at 8AM FOR EVERYONE and will conclude at around 12:30pm.
This week’s email covers:
- This Saturday – Club Champs
- Next Saturday – AGM and Centre Awards
- Community value pack – pick it up from the Canteen!
- We are looking for some new parents to join the committee for next season!
This Saturday – Club Champs (25th March)
Below are some further details for this Saturday:
- Start time: 8AM FOR ALL. First race is at 8am – 1500m. Please be there to support the athletes in the first event.
- Parent duties: Please check what you have been assigned to https://signup.com/go/utNKJck. As you know, each parent was required to undertake at least 4 duties for their family over the season. If you haven’t done so – please make sure you contribute to the club (like many others) and help out this weekend.
- Coffee van: YES!
- BBQ / Canteen: YES! Please help us out if you can also so we can keep our hungry kids happy.
- Zooper doopers – YES!
- Bananas: YES! (Free, free, free)
- Rules: Please remember that the rules for Club Champs are official rules – you should know them at least at high level! Click Here to view the Guidelines. In summary:
- Track races are based on best performance
- Throws – 1 practice, then 1 throw & measure straight away, 2nd throw & measure straight away, 3rd throw & measure straight away
- Long & triple jump – 1 practice jump, 1 jump & measure straight away, 2nd jump & measure straight away, 3rd jump & measure straight away
- High jump (starting height is that of regional track and field).
- Timetable and conflicting events: It is the parents’ responsibility to KNOW what their child is doing….it is not the AGM’s role. Please just Click Here to view the timetable for the Centre Club Championships. If your child has conflicting events, you need to prioritise the track but tell your AGM where you are going (and then come back!). For example, if Freddy has 70m and long jump on at the same time…… he goes to long jump and tells the AGM he is going to do 70m, after the 70m he returns to long jump.
- Track is LIVE the entire time on this day…everything is happening – so don’t wander through without checking..
- Weather: Check out the weather button on our website (in the top left hand corner) for any issues.
- Prizes? Medals are awarded for 1st, 2nd or 3rd place or a ribbon for the next 10 places
- Check you have registered – please check that you have an email confirming your nominations not an email saying “please finalise your nominations”
- What if I want to change my child’s registration? Unfortunately registrations can no longer be changed or any new ones added. If our child can no longer attend a particular event, please email us
- Parking: Don’t park illegally….nothing ruins a fabulous day like a parking fine on your car (or a neighbour yelling at you for parking across their driveway…has happened). Please take your time to find a safe and legal park.
- Lost Property: this has EXPLODED! We have so many water bottles we’ve almost filled the shed…. (only half joking here). We encourage everyone to have a look through it and pick up your things – all items will otherwise be donated to the charity bins in the next couple of weeks.
Next Saturday – AGM & Centre Awards
As we mentioned previously, a number of children will be receiving Club Championship Awards for their age groups. Awards will be presented at the Track after our AGM on Saturday 1st April.
Athletes in U7—U17 Age Groups will be awarded a Trophy & Certificate for 1st, 2nd & 3rd places in the season and a Certificate for each of 4th to 10th place.
The Club also awards the following:
- U7-U17 Age Group Personal Best (ie highest number of PB’s over the whole season- Top 3 # centre champion winners excluded.)
- Centre Records for Current Season
- Recognition Certificate and thank you to our Graduating Under 17 Athletes
The program format for 1st April is as follows:
930am: Awards Commence
- U17 Graduates of 2022/23
- 10 year and 7 year certificates
- Centre Records Certificates
Community value pack – pick it up from the Canteen!
Don’t forget to pick up your community value pack from the Canteen this week.
We are extremely fortunate and grateful to the following local community partners which kindly donated vouchers and products exclusively for the SLAC Community. Each Family will receive a community pack consisting of the following:
- Grill’d – Free Burger or Salad Voucher
- Bakers Delight – Free Finger Bun
- Augustus Gelatery – Buy 1 get 1 Ice cream Free
- Hotel Brighton – Free Kids Meal, Dessert & Drink Voucher or 25.0% off for Kids over 12 yrs old
- BlackLeopard Starter Kit – Beautiful skincare products for me – Free sample kindly provided by our SLAC Member, Tyson Collins
- Tyson is offering the SLAC community a discount on the men’s starter pack, normally $49.99, now $30 using the code: Sandringham in the checkout (https://blackleopardskincare.com/product/starter-pack)
We are looking for some new parents to join the committee for next season!
We would love some new members to join the committee, influence the club and help guide the direction of the little athletes coming through. A number of the current committee members have older children who will soon be leaving Little Aths – we’d love some new members from the younger age groups!
We have had lots of enquiries which is amazing. Here are some additional questions/answers.
- What type of member can you be?
- You can be a general member, attend meetings and help out where it is required.
- You can have a specific role – such as Social Media Coordinator, Equipment Manager, Weekly Program Coordinator, Competition, Newsletter Coordinator, Marketing / Sponsorship Coordinator, Coaching Coordinator, Results / Timing Coordinator, Volunteer / Parent Duty Coordinator and Concessions Coordinator (oversees Merchandise & Canteen)
- You can also have a more significant role such as the President, Secretary and Membership Registrar. We are very happy for the President role to be shared as Co-Presidents.
- How often does the committee meet? We hold meetings at night time every 6 weeks or so during the season (Sep – March). Some meetings are on zoom too – so easy to get to from your home!
- What is the time commitment ? These roles are not massive and when everyone does them, it all works seamlessly. For the specific roles, there would usually be a regular commitment of at least a couple of hours a week. Some of these roles can also have assistant parents who don’t need to be on the committee (eg Merchandise selling, timing, entry of field events). Some roles require a bigger commitment, but only a few times a season – such as the Marketing/Sponsorship Coordinator.
Se you on Saturday!
m: 0413 705 357