It was a WET one last Saturday – and it looks like it could also be a bit more of the same for the last round of 2023 this weekend. If it is, we will still run races on the track (it is a wet weather track after all!) but will most likely cancel the field events. The kids who ran on Saturday loved it – it was a bit of fun!
U8 BOYS are on set up this week (please arrive at 7:15am). U7 Boys and U12 Boys are on BBQ. U12 Girls are on Pack Up.
This week’s email covers:
1. This Saturday 9th December
2. A newsletter form our fantastic sponsor Bendigo Bank
3. Bunnings fundraiser – can you help?
4. FREE Grill’d Voucher – come see Nick in the canteen
4. State relays – 16th December
1. This Saturday 9th December
- Start times: 8:15AM for U6 – U9 & 9:45AM for U10 – U17.
- Set up help, pack up help and BBQ: U8 BOYS are on set up this week (please arrive at 7:15am). U7 Boys and U12 Boys are on BBQ. U12 Girls are on Pack Up.
- What to bring (and what NOT to): water bottle, hat & sunscreen (if sunny). Please don’t bring your furry friend along or any balls/sporting equipment.
- What to wear: Competition Patch/Bib – this contains your membership number which is scanned for track results. It needs to be worn across the lower chest/stomach each session. A REMINDER AGAIN TO MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD HAS THEIR COMPETITION BIB/PATCH ON – WE CAN NOT LOG CHILDRENS’ RUNNING RESULTS WITHOUT IT.
- Wet weather: Check out the wet weather button on our website (in the top left hand corner), which we will update at 7.30am on Saturday mornings if the weather is concerning – and again at 9.15am for the second session. Also keep an eye out for news on StackTeam App
- Program: Here is the PROGRAM for this week. It is the same program which was meant to run last week. We are updating the season calendar program schedules also to reflect the changes.
2. Bendigo Bank newsletter
Please see a link to our wonderful sponsor’s recent newsletter https://mcusercontent.com/ebca3ace22686adf5b404c3e8/files/7c5e9abd-0754-6719-1edc-2680a54fa723/Sandringham_Spring_Summer_2023_newsletter_web.pdf
Bendigo Bank has been a phenomenal support for our club, including our Wednesday coaching sessions. Thank you!
3. Bunnings BBQ Fundraiser – can you help?
The club is holding a fundraiser BBQ at Mentone Bunnings on 30th of December and also 6th of January. Last year we raised significant funds that we were able to then reinvest to the Club (including buying new equipment, like the high jump mat – not cheap).
Please give us a hand with serving some snags. We know you may be away, but if you are not and could assist for 3 a hour block please email nick at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0414 815 170. Thanks so much!
4. A FREE Grill’d Voucher for every member!
Grill’d Hampton has joined us AGAIN as one of our Community Partners for the 2023 / 24 Season.
For the month of December, Sandy Little Athletics Club will be one of 3 Community Clubs that will be participating in their well known “Local Matters Community Program”, a program designed to give back to the Community. Last year we WON this program and were able to reinvest the funds won back to the club.
We are gifting every Sandy Little Athletics Club member with a Free Voucher for either a Grill’d Hampton Burger or Salad – WHO DOESN’T LOVE FREE STUFF?
In order to increase our chances of winning the Local Matters Program, we ask that you use your voucher in store during the month of December. You will be given tokens in store when you visit Grill’d. Please allocate these to Sandy Little Aths. The more tokens, the higher chance our club has of winning. If we win again, we receive a donation of funds from Grill’d which will help assist our club.
To collect your FREE Voucher please visit the Canteen at the track on Saturday 9th of December.
5. State relays – 16 December
A number of the SLAC children (U9-U17), their parents and committee members will be attending the Victorian State Relay competition on Saturday 16th. We have 44 teams which progressed to States – amazing result. Here is a link to the STATE RELAY TIMETABLE. Go get them team!
See you Saturday – we’re back to program 1!
Respect and Safety
Respect and safety are core values of this club – we want everyone to learn and have fun in a safe, encouraging, and respectful environment. Please read and adhere to our Code of Conduct and the LAVIC Member Protection Policy.
SLAC Committee | email@example.com
Proudly Partnering with