Even if you aren’t sure that witches are real (spoiler: they are), there’s no denying that Halloween brings out a little of the scary in each of us. Let’s see how fast the kids can run when chased by Zombies!
A reminder that parents must be present during each Little Athletics session to supervise their children (including this Friday night). If you intend to “Drop and Go” you will need to speak to the Age Group Manager to ensure there are enough parents supervising that age group. If there are not, we won’t be recording any times for that age group.
This week’s email covers:
- This Friday 3rd November
- Relays – last call for registrations !
- Invitation from Chelsea Little Athletics to a Fun Run – 3rd December
1. This Friday November 3rd
- Start times: 5:15 warm up for all for a 5:30 start. We should finish around 7pm.
- Set up help and pack up: We need everyone to help set up and pack up. Please help, so that it is not the same parents doing it every week. It could be as simple as putting some tape measures away .
- What to bring: water bottle, hat & a touch of Halloween. This can be some face paint, or even a full skeleton costume to run in! (But don’t forget to put your competition patch/bib on (under the costume if you need).
- Wet weather: Check out the wet weather button on our website (in the top left hand corner), which we will update at 4pm if the weather is concerning.
- Program: Here is the program for this week.
- Trialists: If you have friends who are considering joining Sandy let them know that every trialist (season 23/24) that officially joins the club by 11 November will go into the draw for a chance to win a Coles gift card valued at $50.00.
A reminder about relays – it is something you don’t want to miss out on! !!! Please see the attached information flyer.
In summary, it’s Little Ath’s major TEAM event and all are welcome to join in (including parents for the Mentone Relays – we’re in for sure!). We often have teams A, B and sometimes even Team C for particular age groups. It really allows the kids to join forces and come together as a team representing Sandy. When are the events?
- Sunday November 12th: Mentone Relay Day
- Saturday November 18th: SMR Region Carnival: Duncan Mackinnon Reserve Athletics Track North Rd
- Saturday 16th December State Relay Carnival: Lakeside Stadium Albert Park, Melbourne. This is for those teams that qualify and progress to State Relays from the SMR Region Carnival.
Here is the registration link again:
Please note that on 25/10 and 1/11 we have relay training only for U9-U12 children (due to various other commitments including Victorian All Schools T&F Championships).
3. Invitation from Chelsea Little Athletics to a Fun Run – 3rd December
Chelsea Little Athletics have invited us to a Fun Run in Carrum on the 3rd of December. Please see the link to the e15 Active Energy Fun Run.
See you Friday!
SLAC Committee | firstname.lastname@example.org
Proudly partnering with